2012-2013 Calendar of Events:
· December 2, 2012 - with the music of Advent and Christmas courtesy of Carl Gravander, organist
· February 3, 2013 - Carl Gravander plays the music of Bach and Vierne, 3 p.m. in the Sanctuary
· March 24, 2013 - Carl Gravander performs music for Lent and Easter, 3 p.m. in the Sanctuary
CONCERTS AND EVENTS
· December 9, 2012 - Youth Philharmonic Orchestra of the Des Moines Symphony Academy plays an extended Prelude before 9 and 11 a.m. Sunday worship services
· December 9, 2012 - whet several senses with the Chancel Soup Supper. The Soup Supper begins at 5:30 p.m. in Waveland Hall. Cost is $5, children under 10 eat for free. The Supper is followed by a free Welcome Christmas
Carol Sing-Along at 6:45 p.m. in the Sanctuary. The Sing-Along will be accompanied by the organ, brass, bells, flutes and the Chancel Choir!
· March 3, 2013 - experience special in-worship Lenten music from Handel’s Messiah performed with organ and strings
· February 9 at 7 p.m. - local musician and composer, Scott Stillwell, performs in a coffee-shop setting
· April 19-20, 2013 is Sacred Arts Week. This ecumenical effort offers a different music or sacred arts event or workshop each night, culminating with a combined concert at Plymouth. Sacred Arts Week includes five other Des Moines churches and is sponsored by the Arts@Plymouth.
· “Where Do You See God?” That’s the question posed by a photography workshop and exhibit for children and youth in Spring 2013.