Life at Plymouth
We care about your health, our staff’s health, and the health of our community. Therefore Plymouth Church has decided to keep the building closed and all in-person activities are suspended until further notice.
While our building may be closed, however, Plymouth is very much at work throughout the community and accessible to you!
Plymouth Church staff is still working and may be reached at their individual email addresses, or by calling the church office Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m. The automated phone system will guide you to the voice mail of the staff person you’re calling.
Church Health and Safety Task Force
At its May meeting, the Church Council appointed a Church Health and Safety Task Force, comprised of Plymouth members Julie Carroll, Cathy McMullen, Bill Wedeking, Emily Pontius and Priscilla Ruhe. This group will be working closely with staff and with the Church Council to produce scientifically-informed, data-driven recommendations about workplace safety, in-person meetings and the resumption of worship services in our building. Our goal is to make decisions that will guard the health of our members, our staff and our community. Please pray for us as we embark on this important work.
Worship Services Continue
Join us online for both our Saturday and Sunday worship services.
- Saturday Evening Worship at 5:30 p.m., on Plymouth’s Facebook page. Or watch the replay at your convenience.
- Sunday Morning Worship at 9 a.m. on Plymouth’s YouTube channel or on the website. You may also watch recordings of this service or any past service at your convenience.
Weekly Facebook Offerings during the summer for “The Heart of the Matter”
- On Mondays, Karen Jeske will host a Facebook Live conversation at noon to overview the week’s chapter and consider some key discussion questions. Conversation will continue throughout the week in the “Heart of Christianity Book Discussions” Facebook group.
- On Wednesday mornings at 9:30, Matt Mardis-LeCroy will host a Bible Study on Facebook Live that will put the week’s chapter in Borg in conversation with the Scripture reading for the upcoming weekend’s worship.
- On Wednesday evenings, at 7, Mary Kate Buchanan will host a Bible study on Zoom that will also tie the upcoming weekend’s text to that week’s chapter in Borg.
- Two additional Zoom book studies will meet on Thursdays at 4 p.m. (facilitated by Judy Diedrichs) and Saturday morning at 9:30 (facilitated by Kristen Hall).
The Fellowship Forum Online
Join us for the Fellowship Forum on Zoom. Sunday morning at 10 a.m. Matt Mardis-LeCroy will facilitate a conversation about God, life and whatever happens to come up. Just follow the link below –all are welcome!
Other On-Line Offerings and Programs
Plymouth will continue to make other on-line offerings available throughout the summer. Don’t miss Evening Prayer, every weeknight at 5:30 p.m. on Plymouth’s Facebook page.
Parents and grandparents: keep an eye on the Plymouth YouTube channel, which will soon include an extensive playlist of videos intended especially for kids.
High School Youth: Be sure to stay in touch with Susan Waller as she works to keep you connected to Plymouth this summer.