Every Monday morning, join us here as we help you prepare for worship this coming weekend! You’ll find:
- This Week’s Scripture
- The Theme for the Week
- Discussion and Reflection Questions
- Movie, Video and Book Suggestions
- Individual or Community Practices (ideas for prayer, service, or activism)
- Programming and Events
- And MORE!
Want to go back and review a previous week in the series? No worries. Just click here to access an archive of previous weeks.
This week’s scripture:
Saturday, Oct. 31 & Sunday, Nov. 1: Lindsey Braun preaching
But this I call to mind,
and therefore I have hope:
The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases,
his mercies never come to an end;
they are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.
‘The Lord is my portion,’ says my soul,
‘therefore I will hope in him.’
(for all ages!)
- What changes in your life are you struggling with right now?
- What small step could you take today that would help you move closer to embracing change?
(for all ages)
- Dietrich Bonhoeffer – Who am I? Poem
- Tarra and Bella: The Elephant and the Dog who became best friends (Children’s Book)
- Night Running How James escaped with the help of his faithful Dog (Book- Upper elementary and above)
- 42 – Movie about Jackie Robinson
- Jayber Crow – Wendell Berry
- Peanut Butter Falcon – Movie
(i.e. prayer/service/activism) (for all ages)
- Try engaging in a faith practice from another religion?
- Have you made a vow to something? (Marriage? Church membership? Baptism?) Look back at those vows and reflect on ways to practice faithfulness to those vows.