Every Monday morning, join us here as we help you prepare for worship this coming weekend! You’ll find:
- This Week’s Scripture
- The Theme for the Week
- Discussion and Reflection Questions
- Movie, Video and Book Suggestions
- Individual or Community Practices (ideas for prayer, service, or activism)
- Programming and Events
- And MORE!
Want to go back and review a previous week in the series? No worries. Just click here to access an archive of previous weeks.
This week’s scripture:
God’s Farmer’s Market Wrap-Up
Saturday, Nov. 21 & Sunday, Nov. 22: Mary Kate Buchanan preaching
Psalm 126 & Galatians 5
When the Lord restored the fortunes of Zion,
we were like those who dream.
Then our mouth was filled with laughter,
and our tongue with shouts of joy;
then it was said among the nations,
“The Lord has done great things for them.”
The Lord has done great things for us,
and we rejoiced.
Restore our fortunes, O Lord,
like the watercourses in the Negeb.
May those who sow in tears
reap with shouts of joy.
Those who go out weeping,
bearing the seed for sowing,
shall come home with shouts of joy,
carrying their sheaves.
(for all ages!)
- Reflect on the fruits of the spirit; Which one(s) come easily? Or which one(s) are you gifted with? Which one(s) are difficult for you? Or need more work?
- Think about and name people in your life that practice each of the fruits especially well
- What does the fruit of the spirit mean to you?
- How might you celebrate your gifts?
- How might you celebrate the gifts of others?
- How might you share your gifts more often?
- How does exploring the fruit of the spirit help you be a better follower of Jesus?
(i.e. prayer/service/activism) (for all ages)
- Point out the gifts you see in others whenever you see them!
- Thank God for the gifts God has given you
- Find one way to share your gifts in service of others
- Turn in your pledge card
- Volunteer to sign up to serve
- Give to the Thanksgiving offering