Every Monday morning, join us here as we help you prepare for worship this coming weekend! You’ll find:
- This Week’s Scripture
- The Theme for the Week
- Discussion and Reflection Questions
- Movie, Video and Book Suggestions
- Individual or Community Practices (ideas for prayer, service, or activism)
- Programming and Events
- And MORE!
Want to go back and review a previous week in the series? No worries. Just click here to access an archive of previous weeks.
This week’s scripture:
Saturday, Nov. 7 & Sunday, Nov. 8: Sarai Rice preaching
28 ‘Come to me, all you that are weary and are carrying heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. 29Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me; for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.’
(for all ages!)
- When you encounter gentleness, what does it inspire in you?
- Do you give others the benefit of the doubt?
- Are you as good about ascribing good intentions to others as you are to yourself?
(i.e. prayer/service/activism) (for all ages)
- Try actually keeping a sabbath!
- Take a nap.
- Spend some time with a baby or small animal.