Do Not Miss Christmas at Plymouth Church!
This blog will be on hiatus for a little while, but here is a reminder about the year end schedule at Plymouth. When it comes to worship, this really is the most wonderful time of the year. Just consider the opportunities:
- On Monday the 18th, join us in Waveland Hall for the Longest Night service, an opportunity to make space for the grief so many of us feel at this time of year.
- Join me for the last Wednesday morning Bible study of the year, 9:30 on Wednesday the 20th in the Greenwood Room.
- Our last Advent Vespers service will be Thursday the 21st at 5:30 in the sanctuary.
- We will have one service on the morning of Sunday December 24, at 11:00 a.m.
Then we hope you that will join us on Sunday evening night for story and song by candlelight. Here at Plymouth Church, you have four opportunities for Christmas Eve Worship:
- The 5 o’clock family service will be in the Sanctuary. This is a service that focuses on children and invites them to experience Christmas Eve worship tailored for them.
- Then at 7 o’clock, we have our casual service in Waveland Hall, with music from the Saturday Night Band.
- 9 o’clock worship is in the sanctuary with the Chancel Choir. That service includes an extended prelude from the Plymouth Bells, so plan on arriving early.
- And 11 o’clock worship is also in the sanctuary with the Matins Choir.
And then, to round out the year, I will be preaching one service on Dec 31 at 11:00 a.m.
This is a really rich season in the life of our church. And remember: all are welcome!