Thinking and talking are great ways to start, but maybe you can put our new Strategic Plan words into action and explore them further by participating in a seven-day challenge.
1. Complete any six of these items on any six days you choose during the month of November.
- After the election or anytime you feel frustrated or angry with someone, use this prayer:
, I acknowledge that of God in you. I accept that God cares
for you as God cares for me. I release you from my anxiety and concern, imperfectly…and with baby steps. I choose to see you as God sees you−a unique human being with qualities and abilities that bless the world. I thank God for you.
- When you are feeling anxious or insecure about yourself, use this prayer:
I acknowledge that of God in me. I accept that Go cares for me as God cares for everyone. I release my anxiety that I am less worthy than other people, letting go of that fear imperfectly…and with baby steps. I choose to see myself as God sees me−a unique human being with qualities and abilities that bless the world. I accept the challenge and the responsibility to become all of whom I am meant to be. I thank God that I am just the person I am.
- Send a note or email to someone you really appreciate, but might not know how appreciated they are.
- Bake something and share it with a neighbor.
- Order food from a locally-owned restaurant.
- Do an internet search for “Audrey Assad Your Peace Will Make Us One” and listen to this re-working of The Battle Hymn of the Republic.
- Attend the AMOS Delegate Assembly on November 8 to celebrate the work of 2020 and look ahead to 2021. To join this Zoom event, register here or contact email@example.com.
- Record a three second “I’m grateful for….” video and share it with our staff by November 13, so we can include it in our Thanksgiving worship service this year.
- Consider an increase in your annual gift to the Thanksgiving offering.
- Watch our Special Thanksgiving worship service.
2. For the seventh day take a rest or sabbath.
Make space for an intentional break from your work, worries, stresses or whatever feels heavy in your life right now. Make the duration whatever length of time would feel like a true sabbath – five minutes, an hour, half a day or a whole day. We need to rest and recharge. We need sabbath in order to pursue Radical Love.