Plymouth Church Health and Safety Task Force Return to In-Person Sanctuary Services Recommendation for Church Council (March 23, 2021)
CHAS recommends the return to in-person sanctuary services starting May 2, under the following conditions:
- Indoor, in-person worship to begin at 11:15 a.m. on Sunday, May 9. There will be an in-person service on May 2, but this service is for Confirmation only. This will give Plymouth staff who participate in liturgy the opportunity to be fully vaccinated before indoor services restart
Compartmentalization of and Access to the Building
- Includes access to Narthex, Sanctuary, Gallery Hallway, and Bathrooms. Other access areas will still be roped off.
- Open doors include those from both parking lots and the Ingersoll doors.
- Doors open 30 minutes ahead of each service and 15 minutes after service. Deacons will encourage people to come and go from the sanctuary promptly.
- Deacons will dismiss each row in order to ensure a distanced departure.
- Masks and social distancing required.
- Messaging sent out ahead of time detailing expectations around participating.
- Seating capacity: 70 family units, with seating areas pre-marked. Total capacity: 100 people
- Pre-registration required (online or call church office)
- Office staff will monitor sign-ups to ensure variety of participants across Sundays.
- Deacons will keep track of who is present/absent using pre-registration lists in case of the need to contact-trace.
- Time limit of each service: 45 minutes.
- No singing in for now.
- Staff will not stand at doors to greet people before or after the service.