June: Pride Month
- Courageous World Changers: 50 True Stories of Daring Women of God (collection of short biographies) by Shirley Raye Redmond
- Brave Héros and Bold Defenders: 50 True Stories of Daring Men of God (collection of short biographies) by Shirley Raye Redmond
- I Am Jazz (picture book) by Jessica Herthel and Jazz Jennings
- Being Jazz:My Life as a (Transgender) Teen (memoir) by Jazz Jennings
- It Feels Good to Be Yourself: A Book About Gender Identity (picture book) by Thorn and Grigni
- Bunnybear (picture book) by Andrea J. Loney and Saldana
- You can find many more recommendations at the Human Rights Campaign’s Welcoming Schools website here.
- What is God Like (picture book) by Rachel Held Evans and Paul Turner
- Amy-Jill Levine is a serious New Testament scholar who also writes books for children. Check out: A Very Big Problem, Who is My Neighbor?, Who Counts?, and The Marvelous Mustard Seed.
- Kobi Yamada is an author and publisher fostering a sense of beauty, wonder and imagination through books for children. Titles include: Maybe: A Story About the Endless Potential in All of Us; Because I Had a Teacher; and the What You Do Matters set: What Do You Do With an Idea? What Do You Do With a Problem? and What Do You Do With A Chance?