Are you looking for an opportunity to be involved in a hands-on project that carries out God’s call to Welcome the Stranger?
The Plymouth Welcomes a Refugee Family Project Leadership Team is looking for a short-term, volunteer Communication Coordinator to help share information about the project with the congregation. Three excellent communications professionals who are Plymouth members have volunteered to serve on the Communication Team and do the actual writing/production of communication materials. We have an immediate need for someone, ideally with a communications background, to serve as the link between the Project Leadership Team, the Communication Team, and Plymouth communications staff.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Working with members of the Project Leadership Team to identify communication needs & what format will best meet the need (e.g., written articles, photos, videos, etc.) & what platform to use (e.g., Plymouth Weekly, the Contact, Plymouth webpage, Plymouth Facebook page, etc.).
- Working with Communication Team members to identify which Team member will address the identified needs.
- Reviewing draft content and sharing with Project Leadership Team members for review before publication.
- Ensuring that publication deadlines are met.
- Attending monthly meetings of the Leadership Team beginning in May and continuing through January 2022; and be available to coordinate communication needs until the project concludes, approximately April 2022, or six months following the arrival of the refugee family.
If this sounds like something you might be interested in or if you have any questions, please contact Alicia Claypool at firstname.lastname@example.org or 515.988.5831.