At Plymouth Church, choral music has a history of excellence and remains a central part of the church’s music ministry. If the Chancel Choir’s trademark is its “Plymouth Red” robes, its hallmark is music that delights the ear, touches the heart, and stirs the soul.
The Chancel Choir values its diversity and inclusiveness. Singers are musical professionals and novices, married and single, the young and not so young—all united by a love of music, singing and friendship, as well as a spiritual commitment to leading Sunday morning worship.
The purpose of Chancel Choir is to further the ministry of the church by serving as Sunday morning worship leaders; to serve each other through actions of care, concern and support; to offer our gifts and talents to sustain God’s spirit in the world; and to continue to grow musically, vocally, and spiritually through challenging and distinguished choral literature.
Director: Christopher Goodson
Rehearsals: Thursdays, 7 – 8:30 p.m.
Sing on Sunday mornings at 11 a.m. worship service
- A commitment to rehearsals and Sunday worship is expected.
- No auditions are required.
- Church membership is not required.
- New Chancel Choir members are always welcome!
Contact: Christopher Goodson
Director of Music and Fine Arts
515.255.3149, ext. 24
Chancel Chorale is a 16-voice choir that sings throughout the program year.
Membership is by audition.
THE PLYMOUTH BELLS (WHITECHAPEL HANDBELLS)
- Adult handbell choir
- Directed by Jenn Hawkins
- Rehearse Wednesdays, 7 to 8:30 p.m. in Rehearsal Hall
- Perform during worship, for weddings and for community organizations
- Perform at regional handbell festivals
- Contact: Christopher Goodson, 515.255.3149, ext. 24
- Plays several times throughout the year
- Includes members with all levels of ability
- Contact: Christopher Goodson at 515.255.3149, ext. 24